Chewy, Inc. (NYSE: CHWY) (“Chewy”), a trusted online destination for pet parents and partners everywhere, has released its financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and full year 2020 ended January 31, 2021, and posted a letter to its shareholders on its investor relations website at https://investor.chewy.com.
Fiscal Q4 2020 Highlights:
- Net sales of $2.04 billion grew 51 percent year over year
- Gross margin of 27.1 percent expanded 300 basis points year over year
- Net income of $21.0 million, including share-based compensation expense of $24.0 million
- Net margin of 1.0 percent improved 550 basis points year over year
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $60.8 million, an increase of $66.6 million year over year
- Adjusted EBITDA margin(1) of 3.0 percent improved 340 basis points year over year
Fiscal 2020 Highlights:
- Net sales of $7.15 billion grew 47 percent year over year
- Gross margin of 25.5 percent expanded 190 basis points year over year
- Net loss of $92.5 million, including share-based compensation expense of $129.2 million
- Net margin of (1.3) percent improved 390 basis points year over year
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $85.2 million, an increase of $166.2 million year over year
- Adjusted EBITDA margin(1) of 1.2 percent improved 290 basis points year over year
“2020 was an incredibly challenging and unpredictable year for all of us. During this time, Chewy performed exceptionally well and made significant strategic and operational progress. Specifically, we grew net sales by 47 percent year over year, increased our customer base by 43 percent year over year, delivered our first full year of positive adjusted EBITDA, and generated the company’s first quarter of positive net income in the fourth quarter of 2020,” said Sumit Singh, Chief Executive Officer of Chewy. “Years of preparation and focus have positioned us as the Internet’s preeminent neighborhood pet store and a leading pure-play e-commerce company in the pet space. We look forward to a future marked by ongoing innovation and to winning customers’ hearts and minds as we grow to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere.”
Chewy의 최고 경영자 Sumit Singh은 “2020년은 우리 모두에게 매우 도전적이고 예측할 수 없는 한 해였습니다. 이 기간 동안 Chewy는 뛰어난 성과를 거두었으며 상당한 전략 및 운영 진전을 이루었습니다. 특히, 우리는 순매출을 전년 대비 47% 증가시켰고, 고객 기반을 전년 대비 43% 증가시켰으며, 2020년 4분기에 회사의 1분기 양의 순이익을 창출했습니다.”라고 말한다.
Management will host a conference call and webcast to discuss Chewy's financial results today at 5:00 pm ET.
Chewy Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results Conference Call
When: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Time: 5:00 pm ET
Conference ID: 10152349
Live Call: 1-866-270-1533 (US/Canada Toll-Free) or 1-412-317-0797 (International)
Replay: 1-877-344-7529 (US Toll-Free), 855-669-9658 (Canada Toll-Free), or 1-412-317-0088 (International)
(The replay will be available approximately two hours after the completion of the live call until 11:59 pm ET on April 6, 2021)
(1) Adjusted EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA margin are non-GAAP financial measures. See “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” for additional information on non-GAAP financial measures and a reconciliation to the most comparable GAAP measures.
Our mission is to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere. We believe that we are the preeminent online source for pet products, supplies and prescriptions as a result of our broad selection of high-quality products, which we offer at competitive prices and deliver with an exceptional level of care and a personal touch. We continually develop innovative ways for our customers to engage with us, and partner with approximately 2,500 of the best and most trusted brands in the pet industry, to bring a high-bar, customer-centric experience to our customers.
- 웹사이트 : www.chewy.com/